Here are our top ten recommendations if you are looking for the best books to read in Trivia & Fun Facts. We have made sure our list is diverse to cater to the interests of different types of readers.
1. The Book of Unusual Knowledge
The Book of Unusual Knowledge is a mammoth 704-page padded hardcover book crammed with a cornucopia of information some useful, others not so much but all of it completely captivating. It's perfect for anyone with a curious mind and a passion for learning. With quirky illustrations and a vast array of articles, anecdotes, lists, and games, this book will provide hours of fascinating reading. It will also expand your knowledge on a range of topics, including the animal kingdom, art, sports, technology, history, politics, the universe, and much, much more. Sample topics include: - Are plastic bags killing sacred cows in India? - Does NASCAR have roots in bootlegging moonshine? - Did Ronald Reagan see not one but two UFOs during his lifetime?
- Author: Publications International Ltd.
- Publisher: Publications International, Ltd. (April 1, 2012)
- Genre: Engineering & Transportation, Engineering
- ISBN: 978-1450845809
- Dimensions: 6.45 x 2 x 9.33 inches
2. Interesting Stories For Curious People: A Collection of Fascinating Stories About History, Science, Pop Culture and Just About Anything Else You Can Think of
Want to impress your buddies at the bar? Need to think of something interesting to do at the next family gathering? Want to learn a bunch of random facts about history, science, true crime, and the paranormal? Pick up Interesting Stories for Curious People, the ultimate guidebook for a plethora of interesting facts about a whole bunch of several different topics. A quick read packed with information from cover to cover. Here you will find out: How did a Frenchman successfully use a spontaneous combustion defense during a murder trial? How did a German teenager help end the Cold War? Why did some really smart guys think foam houses would be the wave of the future? What is a chupacabra and why are there two of them? Did Cleopatra really die from a snake bite? You’ll be glued to the pages of this book reading interesting fact after interesting fact as Interesting Stories for Curious People brings you the in-depth knowledge of some things you may have heard about and always wondered, but now will learn the truth. You’ll finally be able to separate fact from fiction and will be surprised to learn that some of the things you’ve been told, even by your teachers, was just plain wrong! Whether you are a trivia maven or just a person who likes to learn new things, you’ll learn something new and find yourself entertained as you discover some of the most fascination criminals, ghost stories, strange habits of historical figures, and just weird things that are a part of our world. So open this book and your mind and see another side of things that you may not know existed.
- Author: Bill O'Neill
- Publisher: LAK Publishing (March 17, 2020)
- Genre: Humor & Entertainment, Humor
- ISBN: 978-1648450440
- Dimensions: 6 x 0.54 x 9 inches
3. Nature Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of the Natural World
See the world in a whole new way! Acclaimed illustrator Julia Rothman combines art and science in this exciting and educational guide to the structure, function, and personality of the natural world. Explore the anatomy of a jellyfish, the inside of a volcano, monarch butterfly migration, how sunsets work, and much more. Rothman’s whimsical illustrations are paired with interactive activities that encourage curiosity and inspire you to look more closely at the world all around you. Nature Anatomy is the second book in Rothman's Anatomy series – you'll love Nature Anatomy Notebook, Ocean Anatomy, Food Anatomy, and Farm Anatomy, too!
- Author: Julia Rothman
- Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC; Illustrated edition (January 27, 2015)
- Genre: Arts & Photography, History & Criticism
- ISBN: 978-1612122311
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 0.9 x 8.9 inches
4. Badass Affirmations: The Wit and Wisdom of Wild Women (Inspirational Quotes for Women, Daily Affirmations Book)
Positive Affirmations and Motivational Quotes for a Badass “No matter how you use it, there can be benefits for you and your daily life.”― Nerdy Girl Express #1 Best Seller in Popular Culture, Quotations, Women’s Studies, Love & Marriage Humor, Self-Esteem, LGBT, and Trivia Badass Affirmations is full of positive affirmations, profiles of powerful real-life heroines, and inspirational quotes for women. Packed with just the right amount of sass, this book is the perfect women empowerment gift for you and all your fabulous BFFs. Even a badass needs positive affirmations. No one leaps out of bed knowing they’re amazing and about to have an incredible day. We find ourselves rushing around, working hard to please others―and often we find ourselves making everyone happy but our own damn selves. Badass Affirmations is here to stop the negativity with positive quotes and affirmations from powerful women. Discover strong women quotes and encouraging self-affirmations. In Badass Affirmations , positive living and affirmation queen Becca Anderson reminds you that you are pretty darn great. Inside this motivational quotes and affirmations book, you’ll be fired up by inspirational quotes for women, by women. Alongside these women empowerment quotes, you’ll gain new knowledge of the badass ladies who have left their mark on the world with a mix of short bios and longer profiles. And when you’re done learning from other fierce females, you can work on affirming yourself with uplifting journal prompts. Read Badass Affirmations and: Learn the habit of affirming yourself daily Empower yourself and strengthen your self-esteem Be encouraged by words of wit and wisdom Readers of affirmations books and positive quote books for women like Let That Sh*t Go , A Year of Positive Thinking, or Beautifully Said will love the inspirational quotes for women in Badass Affirmations .
- Author: Becca Anderson
- Publisher: Mango; Illustrated edition (May 15, 2018)
- Genre: Humor & Entertainment, Humor
- ISBN: 978-1633537521
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 0.7 x 6.9 inches
5. Flashback to 1971 - A Time Traveler’s Guide: Perfect birthday or wedding anniversary gift for anyone born or married in 1971. For friends, parents or ... (A Time-Traveler’s Guide - Flashback Series)
- - - Also available in other years - - - Let’s FLASHBACK to 1971 ─ a very special year. Was this the year you were born? Was this the year you were married? Let’s travel back in time to celebrate your year, THE YEAR 1971, with this slim 70+ page book packed with fun-filled fabulous facts. Enjoy a trip down memory lane, as you discover the people, the places, the politics, and the pleasures that made the year 1971 so special and unique, influencing the world we know today. Imagine if time-travel was a reality, and one fine morning you wake up to find yourself flashed back in time, back to the year 1971. What would life be like for a typical family, in a typical town, somewhere in America? In the early 70s our cultural gaze had shifted away from London’s Swinging Sixties, back to the USA. The hippie view of the world, with its emphasis on peace, love and nature….(cont.) Now just imagine you flashed back to a town in 1971 England. Although not all doom and gloom, the United Kingdom had found itself slipping on the world stage…. (Get the book to read more!) Expertly written by author B. Bradforsand-Tyler, a history teacher with a passion for sharing his knowledge. This slim 70+ page book makes the perfect unique and thoughtful gift for anyone born or married in the year 1971. Celebrating the people, places, politics, and pleasures that made 1971 a very special year. Contains just the right amount of light-hearted trivia and serious international feature-news articles. A beautifully presented book filled with vintage photo reproductions on every page. Includes more than 20 rare vintage advertisements, many reproduced in full-page, with added enlarged text for easy reading. Contains expertly researched and written original full-page feature articles on: 1971 Family Life in the USA, Life in the United Kingdom, Hippies and the Rise of the Communes, Our Love Affair with Automobiles, Clean Air for All, Greenpeace Takes to the Seas, Nuclear Bomb Testing, Anti-Vietnam War Sentiment, Pentagon Papers Whitehouse Scandal, Space Missions of 1971, Troubles in Northern Ireland, Death Sentence for Charles Manson, Tuning in to Television, Walt Disney World Opens, Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway, Invention of the Electronic Mail, Plus 8 pages of fashion trends. Also includes: Sporting highlights, 1971 in Cinema and Film, Most Popular TV Shows, Billboard Top 30 Songs, Famous People Born in 1971, Census Statistics and Costs of Goods. The Time-Traveler’s Flashback series of books are a hit with all generations. Leave them on the coffee table for the grandchildren to enjoy too! Click on the Author Name to view all books in the Time-Traveler’s Flashback Series. Click the BUY button at the top of the page to begin. THANKS!
- Author: B. Bradforsand-Tyler
- Publisher: B. Bradforsand-Tyler (December 15, 2020)
- Genre: Travel, Europe
- ISBN: 978-0645062397
- Dimensions: 6.69 x 0.17 x 9.61 inches
6. The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2021
#1 New York Times Bestseller! Get thousands of facts at your fingertips with this essential resource: business, the arts and pop culture, science and technology, U.S. history and government, world geography, sports, and so much more. The World Almanac® is America’s bestselling reference book of all time, with more than 83 million copies sold. For more than 150 years, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for school, library, business, and home. The 2021 edition of The World Almanac reviews the biggest events of 2020 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a “treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information” by The Wall Street Journal , The World Almanac and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs effortlessly. Features include: 2020 Election Results: The World Almanac provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2020 election process, from the roller coaster of the early primaries to state and county presidential voting results and coverage of House, Senate, and gubernatorial races. 2020 Coronavirus Pandemic: A special section provides up-to-the-minute information about the world’s largest public health crisis in at least a century, providing information on what scientists know about the virus so far—and what still needs to be learned—along with an update on vaccine progress, statistical data and graphics, and useful practical measures for readers. World Almanac Editors' Picks: Memorable Summer Olympic Moments: The World Almanac took a look back at past editions of the Olympic Summer Games to create a highlight reel of memorable moments to tide sports fans over until Tokyo in 2021. 2020—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2020. 2020—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the sports world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a preview of the Olympic Games in Tokyo, and much more. 2020—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2020, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports. 2020—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year. World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2020, from news and sports to pop culture. The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world. Statistical Spotlight: This annual feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest stories of the year. These data provide context to give readers a fresh perspective on important issues. Other New Highlights: Newly available statistics on how the COVID-19 pandemic and widespread shutdowns have affected businesses, air quality, employment, education, families’ living situations and access to food, and much more.
- Author: Sarah Janssen
- Publisher: World Almanac; 1st edition (December 1, 2020)
- Genre: Humor & Entertainment, Puzzles & Games
- ISBN: 978-1510761391
- Dimensions: 5.38 x 1.8 x 8 inches
7. Cursed Objects: Strange but True Stories of the World's Most Infamous Items
Beware...this book is cursed! These strange but true stories of the world’s most infamous items will appeal to true believers as well as history buffs, horror fans, and anyone who loves a good spine-tingling tale. They’re lurking in museums, graveyards, and private homes. Their often tragic and always bizarre stories have inspired countless horror movies, reality TV shows, novels, and campfire tales. They’re cursed objects, and all they need to unleash a wave of misfortune is . . . you. Many of these unfortunate items have intersected with some of the most notable events and people in history, leaving death and destruction in their wake. But never before have the true stories of these eerie oddities been compiled into a fascinating and chilling volume. Inside, readers will learn about: • Annabelle the Doll , a Raggedy Ann doll that featured in the horror franchise The Conjuring • The Unlucky Mummy , which is rumored to have sunk the Titanic and kick-started World War I • The Dybbuk box , which was sold on eBay and spawned the horror film The Possession • The Conjured Chest , which has been blamed for fifteen deaths within a single family • The Ring of Silvianus , a Roman artifact believed to have inspired J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit • And many more!
- Author: J. W. Ocker
- Publisher: Quirk Books (September 15, 2020)
- Genre: Kindle Store, Kindle eBooks, History
8. Sacred Geometry: An A-Z Reference Guide
Discover the history and core elements of sacred geometry From polymath Al-Khwarizmi to the celestial zodiac, learn how geometry is used to define our world and beyond. Sacred Geometry unveils how the scientific and spiritual are connected with dozens of informative entries covering the people, practices, and natural wonders that are core to understanding the significance of basic geometric shapes and proportions. This comprehensive reference guide takes a holistic approach to exploring sacred geometry, showing you how it has manifested throughout history, as well as how it ties into every aspect of the world around you. All the information you need to truly understand is right here in your hands. Sacred Geometry includes: Sacred geometry, A-Z ―Explore the ways in which sacred geometry is found everywhere, with entries covering math, nature, different types of spiritualities, and more. Easy-to-use organization ―Get a simple-to-navigate―but highly detailed―reference guide that’s accessible and useful to newly interested and dedicated esoterics alike. Informative illustrations ―Understand and visualize the truth of sacred geometry with the help of detailed and full-color images. Deepen your understanding of the world through the secrets of sacred geometry.
- Author: Marilyn Walker
- Publisher: Rockridge Press; Illustrated edition (November 10, 2020)
- Genre: Religion & Spirituality, New Age & Spirituality
- ISBN: 978-1646111961
- Dimensions: 7.99 x 0.47 x 7.99 inches
9. Atlas Obscura, 2nd Edition: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders
Discover wonder. “A wanderlust-whetting cabinet of curiosities on paper.”— New York Times Inspiring equal parts wonder and wanderlust, Atlas Obscura is a phenomenon of a travel book that shot to the top of bestseller lists when it was first published and changed the way we think about the world, expanding our sense of how strange and marvelous it really is. This second edition takes readers to even more curious and unusual destinations, with more than 100 new places, dozens and dozens of new photographs, and two very special features: twelve city guides, covering Berlin, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Cairo, London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Moscow, New York City, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Plus a foldout map with a dream itinerary for the ultimate around-the-world road trip. More a cabinet of curiosities than traditional guidebook, Atlas Obscura revels in the unexpected, the overlooked, the bizarre, and the mysterious. Here are natural wonders, like the dazzling glowworm caves in New Zealand, or a baobob tree in South Africa so large it has a pub inside where 15 people can sit and drink comfortably. Architectural marvels, including the M. C. Escher–like stepwells in India. Mind-boggling events, like the Baby-Jumping Festival in Spain—and no, it’s not the babies doing the jumping, but masked men dressed as devils who vault over rows of squirming infants. Every page gets to the very core of why humans want to travel in the first place: to be delighted and disoriented, uprooted from the familiar and amazed by the new. With its compelling descriptions, hundreds of photographs, surprising charts, maps for every region of the world, and new city guides, it is a book you can open anywhere and be transported. But proceed with caution: It’s almost impossible not to turn to the next entry, and the next, and the next.
- Author: Joshua Foer
- Publisher: Workman Publishing Company; Second Edition, Revised (October 15, 2019)
- Genre: Travel, Europe
- ISBN: 978-1523506484
- Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.5 x 10.4 inches
10. Guinness World Records 2021
All aboard Guinness World Records 2021 for a life-changing journey of discovery! This year, we're devoting a chapter to the history of exploration, starting with the story of the very first circumnavigation, along with our "History of Adventure" timeline, featuring a host of remarkable achievements. The fully revised and updated best-seller is packed with thousands of incredible new feats across the widest spectrum of topics, providing a whistle-stop tour of our superlative universe. Our ever-expanding pool of international consultants and experts help us make sense of the world around us and the cosmos beyond. So join us as we embark on a voyage through the vast panorama of record-breaking in 12 fact-packed chapters: · Travel through the Solar System and see the planets come to life with a free Augmented Reality feature · Encounter the cutest , weirdest , most dangerous and exotic creatures on our home planet · Meet the world’s tallest , shortest , hairiest and heaviest humans · Marvel at the latest high scores , speed runs , and players at the top of their game in eSports and beyond · Get the lowdown on the world’s most successful and prolific actors, musicians, TV stars and influencers We've also selected the best of the newly approved claims from the 50,000 applications received from the public over the past 12 months. But don't just be a tourist: try some of our specially created try-at-home challenges that could see YOU listed in the world-famous book of records. If you want to be one of those lucky few, check out our Against the Clock chapter--we might even see you in next year's edition! Finally, be inspired by the latest inductees to the Guinness World Records Hall of Fame, including the real-life Captain Nemo who's traveled to the deepest point in every ocean, the fearless campaigner for human rights who risked her life to make the world a better place, and the teenage millionaire who made his fortune playing Fortnite. It's a big world out there! Let Guinness World Records 2021 be your guide!
- Author: Guinness World Records
- Publisher: Guinness World Records; Illustrated edition (October 6, 2020)
- Genre: Humor & Entertainment, Trivia & Fun Facts
- ISBN: 978-1913484002
- Dimensions: 8.94 x 0.82 x 11.89 inches