Here are our top ten recommendations if you are looking for the best books to read in Almanacs & Yearbooks. We have made sure our list is diverse to cater to the interests of different types of readers.
1. The Old Farmer's Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook (Old Farmer's Almanac (Paperback))
This book is the perfect companion for every vegetable gardener—even those who have never touched a trowel and wouldn’t know mulch from mud! The practical advice presented in the Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook demystifies gardening by providing the best, most proven methods for sowing, growing, and harvesting. Highlights include … Step-by-step advice for success with more than 30 vegetables in any zone The dirt on soil: why testing is so important—and how to do it Easy techniques for growing in-ground, plus alternatives to traditional raised beds Seed-starting and -saving methods simplified Gardeners’ friends and foes: which plants help (or hinder) vegetables Enlightening (and humorous!) anecdotes from fellow gardeners Space for noting observations and experiences More than 150 full-color photos Essential reference tables and charts Much, much more! Created for new gardeners, green thumbs, and old hands alike, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is loaded with advice and inspiration to help plants—and growers—thrive. Only The Old Farmer’s Almanac has the experience and longevity to offer the very best tried-and-true information, tips, and advice about all things gardening and growing. With the Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook , we are a patient master gardener passing down the secrets of growing great food to every gardener.
- Author: Old Farmer’s Almanac
- Publisher: Old Farmer's Almanac; Illustrated edition (November 12, 2019)
- Genre: Crafts, Hobbies & Home, Gardening & Landscape Design
- ISBN: 978-1571988454
- Dimensions: 6.75 x 0.75 x 8.75 inches
2. The Old Farmer's Almanac 2022 Trade Edition
Happy New Almanac Year! It’s time to celebrate the 230th edition of The Old Farmer’s Almanac! Long recognized as North America’s most-beloved and best-selling annual, this handy yellow book fulfills every need and expectation as a calendar of the heavens, a time capsule of the year, an essential reference that reads like a magazine. Always timely, topical, and distinctively “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor,” the Almanac is consulted daily throughout the year by users from all walks of life. The 2022 edition contains the fun facts, predictions, and feature items that have made it a cultural icon: traditionally 80 percent–accurate weather forecasts; notable astronomical events and time-honored astrological dates; horticultural, culinary, fashion, and other trends; historical hallmarks; best fishing days; time- and money-saving garden advice; recipes for delicious dishes; facts on folklore, farmers, home remedies, and husbandry; amusements and contests; plus too much more to mention—all in the inimitable Almanac style that has charmed and educated readers since 1792.
- Author: Old Farmer’s Almanac
- Publisher: Old Farmer's Almanac (August 17, 2021)
- Genre: Reference, Almanacs & Yearbooks
- ISBN: 978-1571988935
- Dimensions: 5.63 x 0.62 x 8.25 inches
3. Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Volume 51
As The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide kicks off its sixth decade, the Bible of serious comic book collectors, dealers and historians returns with its 51st edition. In addition to the latest prices, the Guide will feature an extensive array of market reports that break down the marketplace's incredible boom during COVID-19! We take a look at Dick Tracy's 90th anniversary, how disabilities have been portrayed in comics, the latest inductees for The Overstreet Hall of Fame, and more. Static/Hardware cover by Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz.
- Author: Robert M. Overstreet
- Publisher: Gemstone Publishing (August 10, 2021)
- Genre: Reference, Encyclopedias & Subject Guides
- ISBN: 978-1603602778
4. Flashback to 1971 - A Time Traveler’s Guide: Perfect birthday or wedding anniversary gift for anyone born or married in 1971. For friends, parents or ... (A Time-Traveler’s Guide - Flashback Series)
- - - Also available in other years - - - Let’s FLASHBACK to 1971 ─ a very special year. Was this the year you were born? Was this the year you were married? Let’s travel back in time to celebrate your year, THE YEAR 1971, with this slim 70+ page book packed with fun-filled fabulous facts. Enjoy a trip down memory lane, as you discover the people, the places, the politics, and the pleasures that made the year 1971 so special and unique, influencing the world we know today. Imagine if time-travel was a reality, and one fine morning you wake up to find yourself flashed back in time, back to the year 1971. What would life be like for a typical family, in a typical town, somewhere in America? In the early 70s our cultural gaze had shifted away from London’s Swinging Sixties, back to the USA. The hippie view of the world, with its emphasis on peace, love and nature….(cont.) Now just imagine you flashed back to a town in 1971 England. Although not all doom and gloom, the United Kingdom had found itself slipping on the world stage…. (Get the book to read more!) Expertly written by author B. Bradforsand-Tyler, a history teacher with a passion for sharing his knowledge. This slim 70+ page book makes the perfect unique and thoughtful gift for anyone born or married in the year 1971. Celebrating the people, places, politics, and pleasures that made 1971 a very special year. Contains just the right amount of light-hearted trivia and serious international feature-news articles. A beautifully presented book filled with vintage photo reproductions on every page. Includes more than 20 rare vintage advertisements, many reproduced in full-page, with added enlarged text for easy reading. Contains expertly researched and written original full-page feature articles on: 1971 Family Life in the USA, Life in the United Kingdom, Hippies and the Rise of the Communes, Our Love Affair with Automobiles, Clean Air for All, Greenpeace Takes to the Seas, Nuclear Bomb Testing, Anti-Vietnam War Sentiment, Pentagon Papers Whitehouse Scandal, Space Missions of 1971, Troubles in Northern Ireland, Death Sentence for Charles Manson, Tuning in to Television, Walt Disney World Opens, Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway, Invention of the Electronic Mail, Plus 8 pages of fashion trends. Also includes: Sporting highlights, 1971 in Cinema and Film, Most Popular TV Shows, Billboard Top 30 Songs, Famous People Born in 1971, Census Statistics and Costs of Goods. The Time-Traveler’s Flashback series of books are a hit with all generations. Leave them on the coffee table for the grandchildren to enjoy too! Click on the Author Name to view all books in the Time-Traveler’s Flashback Series. Click the BUY button at the top of the page to begin. THANKS!
- Author: B. Bradforsand-Tyler
- Publisher: B. Bradforsand-Tyler (December 15, 2020)
- Genre: Travel, Europe
- ISBN: 978-0645062397
- Dimensions: 6.69 x 0.17 x 9.61 inches
5. The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2021
#1 New York Times Bestseller! Get thousands of facts at your fingertips with this essential resource: business, the arts and pop culture, science and technology, U.S. history and government, world geography, sports, and so much more. The World Almanac® is America’s bestselling reference book of all time, with more than 83 million copies sold. For more than 150 years, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for school, library, business, and home. The 2021 edition of The World Almanac reviews the biggest events of 2020 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a “treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information” by The Wall Street Journal , The World Almanac and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs effortlessly. Features include: 2020 Election Results: The World Almanac provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2020 election process, from the roller coaster of the early primaries to state and county presidential voting results and coverage of House, Senate, and gubernatorial races. 2020 Coronavirus Pandemic: A special section provides up-to-the-minute information about the world’s largest public health crisis in at least a century, providing information on what scientists know about the virus so far—and what still needs to be learned—along with an update on vaccine progress, statistical data and graphics, and useful practical measures for readers. World Almanac Editors' Picks: Memorable Summer Olympic Moments: The World Almanac took a look back at past editions of the Olympic Summer Games to create a highlight reel of memorable moments to tide sports fans over until Tokyo in 2021. 2020—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2020. 2020—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the sports world’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a preview of the Olympic Games in Tokyo, and much more. 2020—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2020, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports. 2020—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year. World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2020, from news and sports to pop culture. The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world. Statistical Spotlight: This annual feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest stories of the year. These data provide context to give readers a fresh perspective on important issues. Other New Highlights: Newly available statistics on how the COVID-19 pandemic and widespread shutdowns have affected businesses, air quality, employment, education, families’ living situations and access to food, and much more.
- Author: Sarah Janssen
- Publisher: World Almanac; 1st edition (December 1, 2020)
- Genre: Humor & Entertainment, Puzzles & Games
- ISBN: 978-1510761391
- Dimensions: 5.38 x 1.8 x 8 inches
6. Guinness World Records 2021
All aboard Guinness World Records 2021 for a life-changing journey of discovery! This year, we're devoting a chapter to the history of exploration, starting with the story of the very first circumnavigation, along with our "History of Adventure" timeline, featuring a host of remarkable achievements. The fully revised and updated best-seller is packed with thousands of incredible new feats across the widest spectrum of topics, providing a whistle-stop tour of our superlative universe. Our ever-expanding pool of international consultants and experts help us make sense of the world around us and the cosmos beyond. So join us as we embark on a voyage through the vast panorama of record-breaking in 12 fact-packed chapters: · Travel through the Solar System and see the planets come to life with a free Augmented Reality feature · Encounter the cutest , weirdest , most dangerous and exotic creatures on our home planet · Meet the world’s tallest , shortest , hairiest and heaviest humans · Marvel at the latest high scores , speed runs , and players at the top of their game in eSports and beyond · Get the lowdown on the world’s most successful and prolific actors, musicians, TV stars and influencers We've also selected the best of the newly approved claims from the 50,000 applications received from the public over the past 12 months. But don't just be a tourist: try some of our specially created try-at-home challenges that could see YOU listed in the world-famous book of records. If you want to be one of those lucky few, check out our Against the Clock chapter--we might even see you in next year's edition! Finally, be inspired by the latest inductees to the Guinness World Records Hall of Fame, including the real-life Captain Nemo who's traveled to the deepest point in every ocean, the fearless campaigner for human rights who risked her life to make the world a better place, and the teenage millionaire who made his fortune playing Fortnite. It's a big world out there! Let Guinness World Records 2021 be your guide!
- Author: Guinness World Records
- Publisher: Guinness World Records; Illustrated edition (October 6, 2020)
- Genre: Humor & Entertainment, Trivia & Fun Facts
- ISBN: 978-1913484002
- Dimensions: 8.94 x 0.82 x 11.89 inches
7. Texas Bucket List Adventure Guide & Journal: Explore 50 Natural Wonders You Must See!
Exploring Texas: A Guide to the 50 Must-See Destinations in Texas to Hit the Road & Start Your Adventure Today Traveling to Texas is unlike any other adventure you crossed off your bucket list. The ultimate dreamland for free spirits whose soul craves deep connection with nature, Texas is rich in picturesque landscapes that’ll leave you breathless. As you travel the distance from East to West Texas, and then all the way to the Southern region, you’ll have the time of your life getting lost in the Lone Star State’s immersive beauty. From nature’s wonders like the Bluebonnet Field, to the Natural Bridge Caverns, and the amazing Jacob’s Well, Texas just begs to be explored! But, with so much to see, where are you supposed to start from? With Texas Bucket List Adventure Guide & Journal , you will be able to enjoy and discover every landscape and magical place in the different regions in Texas without getting lost! Featuring more than 50 must-see destinations in the state alongside the Southern border, you will be well-equipped to start your adventure! This unique travel guide and journal will help you: Keep track of where you’ve been and where to look forward to going next; Get informed about the areas or places you want to visit, how to get there, what to look for, and what you may need to bring along; Easily find your way to your dream destination thanks to comprehensive driving instructions; Never get lost thanks to the GPS coordinates included for each adventure in this guide; Discover the best time to visit certain destinations, weather conditions, average expenses; And much more! Grab a copy of this guide and you’re well set to explore Texas! Every chapter comes with lesser-known facts about all the amazing 50 Texas destinations featured in this blueprint that’ll make you fall in love with this wonderful state even more. Do you dare to break your boring, daily routine and go on an adventure of a lifetime? Scroll up, click on “Buy Now with 1-click”, and Get Your Copy Now!
- Author: Bridge Press
- Publisher: Bridge Press (May 18, 2021)
- Genre: Travel, United States
- ISBN: 978-1955149198
- Dimensions: 6 x 0.29 x 9 inches
8. The World Almanac 5,001 Incredible Facts for Kids on Nature, Science, and People (World Almanac and Book of Facts)
From the #1 New York Times bestselling World Almanac™ comes a full‑color, full‑of‑fun, oversize book packed with thousands of awesome facts about science, nature, and people—everything on planet Earth and beyond. Kids want to learn about the world around them, and with this engaging, colorful collection of facts, figures, photographs, and fun, they will. Perfect for home or for school, and a great gift for any curious reader, here are thousands of fascinating and surprising facts about almost everything: Animals—Dogs, cats, snakes, insects, spiders, sharks, and more Culture—Art, holidays, food, movies, and more Disasters—Earthquakes, shipwrecks, floods, storms, and more Geography—Oceans, mountains, continents, habitats, and more Geology—Volcanoes, tectonics, minerals, gems, and more Human Body and Medicine—Diseases, organs, senses, and other weird and wonderful human body facts. Record-setters—All about the biggest, smallest, fastest, tallest, and more Space—The moon, stars, planets, human spaceflight, and more Sports—Basketball, baseball, football, hockey, Olympic, and soccer superstars past and present, and more Technology—Computers, drones, inventions, and more The World Almanac™ 5,001 Incredible Facts for Kids on Nature, Science, and People provides kids, teachers, and families timely and timeless information on an enormous variety of subjects. It will give readers hours and hours of fun while it educates and illuminates.
- Author: World Almanac Kids™
- Publisher: World Almanac; World Almanac Kids edition (November 24, 2020)
- Genre: Children's Books, Education & Reference
- ISBN: 978-1510761797
- Dimensions: 9 x 0.9 x 12 inches
9. Diary of a Young Naturalist: WINNER OF THE WAINWRIGHT PRIZE FOR NATURE WRITING 2020
WINNER OF BOOK OF THE YEAR, NARRATIVE NON-FICTION BRITISH BOOK AWARDS 2021 Rediscover the natural world with the multi-award winning phenomenon and youngest ever major literary prize winner in UK history. 'Miraculous memoir . . . profoundly moving' Observer 'Dara is an extraordinary voice and vision: brave, poetic, ethical, lyrical' Robert Macfarlane 'It's a diary but essentially timeless . . . It's really, really special' Chris Packham ALSO WINNER OF: THE WAINWRIGHT PRIZE FOR NATURE WRITING 2020, AN POST IRISH BOOK AWARD FOR NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR 2020, BOOKS ARE MY BAG READERS AWARDS FOR NON-FICTION 2020; SHORTLISTED FOR: WATERSTONES BOOK OF THE YEAR 2020 & LONGLISTED FOR: THE BAILLIE GIFFORD PRIZE 2020 ___________ 'This diary chronicles the turning of my world, from spring to winter, at home, in the wild, in my head.' Evocative, raw and lyrical, this startling debut explores the natural world through the eyes of Dara McAnulty, an autistic teenager coping with the uprooting of home, school, and his mental health, while pursuing his life as a conservationist and environmental activist. Shifting from intense darkness to light, recalling his sensory encounters in the wild - with blackbirds, whooper swans, red kites, hen harriers, frogs, dandelions, Irish hares and more - McAnulty reveals worlds we have neglected to see, in a stunning world of nature writing that is a future classic. Diary of a Young Naturalist is a powerful and scintillating portrayal of the beauty of the natural world, as it shines a light on autism and of overcoming severe anxiety . It is a story of the binding love of family and home, and how we can help each other through the most difficult of times. ___________ BIG ISSUE BOOK OF THE YEAR HAY FESTIVAL BOOK OF THE YEAR A TIMES NATURE BOOK OF THE YEAR 'An extraordinary diary' The Times 'A torrent of pure, unmediated fervour . . . This is writing at its wild and unruly best' Dr Rachel Clarke ' Diary of a Young Naturalist is not only one of the finest pieces of modern nature writing produced on this island in recent years, McAnulty is one of our best young writers in any genre' Irish Independent 'An exceptional new voice. Dara McAnulty celebrates nature in such a fresh way and illuminates our understanding of autism' Martha Kearney, chair of the Baillie Gifford Prize 2020 'One of the most talented and passionate writers of our era' Steve Silberman, award-winning author of NeuroTribes ___________
- Author: Dara McAnulty
- Publisher: Ebury Press (April 29, 2021)
- Genre: Medical Books, Medicine
- ISBN: 978-1529109603
- Dimensions: 4.96 x 0.71 x 7.8 inches
10. Farmers' Almanac 2021
It's a book, and a calendar, and a magazine! However you use the Farmers' Almanac, it's a must-read each and every year. For over 200 years the Farmers' Almanac has been providing readers with easy-to-follow advice and helpful hints -- from kitchen to garden, and everywhere in between -- that helps you live a more sustainable, healthy, and natural life.The 2021 edition, which starts shipping this August, contains the Almanac's most popular and important features such as long-range weather predictions, seasonal weather maps, gardening tips and calendars, best days to fish, full moon, meteor showers and eclipse times and dates, life hacks, and its unique brand of wit and wisdom that is generation-approved. This edition also contains many articles and tips that will inform, delight, and educate.
- Author: Farmers' Almanac
- Publisher: Almanac Publishing Company; 204th edition (August 24, 2020)
- Genre: Kindle Store, Kindle eBooks, Reference